free website stats program Intercom issues | Harley Davidson Forums

Intercom issues

I have an '07 Ultra Classic; one of the things I really like is the Voice activated intercom system. My old bike's intercom was just "on" all the time and the wind noise bother me. The issue now, is my wife cannot seem to activate the intercom without screaming. Is there something that I can do to make her mic more sensitive with affecting mine?

thanks in advance for the help

You might want to carefully remove the foam cover from her mic boom and see if the mic has twisted out of position...also check the volume switch on the rear speaker...Possibly the connections where the headsets are plugged in.

You might want to carefully remove the foam cover from her mic boom and see if the mic has twisted out of position...also check the volume switch on the rear speaker...Possibly the connections where the headsets are plugged in.

Agree. Also, if you haven't, try switching helmets to see if the passenger, using your helmet, has the same problem. That will tell you if it's the intercom unit or the connection on the passenger side.

If you have the HK radio you should be able to set the VOX level for front and back in the intercom setup

You can individually adjust the passenger and driver voice activation sensitivity when you have the intercom activated thru the menu. I know mine has to be set just about perfectly or when you go up a steep incline and the exhaust starts to bark it will activate the intercom from the noise. That is really annoying, but when you get it just right they really work nice.

I have and 010 with the HK radio, and I know I can adjust the VOX, but can't see how to adjust the front and back separately, sure would like to know how, and advise?

Being a Newbie to Harley, this may not be all the information you need. We hooked up our intercoms and she couldn't hear me, but I could hear her. She had to turn up her volume on her rear speaker. Once she did that we're good. I do have to tweak the settings through the VOX set up menu. When riding on level roads in windy conditions, the voice over keeps kicking in and shutting my music or baseball game down low. I will watch this thread to see how this is done. Read it in the owner's manual but sometimes that is more confusing than hearing it from a user.

Being a Newbie to Harley, this may not be all the information you need. We hooked up our intercoms and she couldn't hear me, but I could hear her. She had to turn up her volume on her rear speaker. Once she did that we're good. I do have to tweak the settings through the VOX set up menu. When riding on level roads in windy conditions, the voice over keeps kicking in and shutting my music or baseball game down low. I will watch this thread to see how this is done. Read it in the owner's manual but sometimes that is more confusing than hearing it from a user.

You need to set the microphones very close to the mouth (touching the lips seems to work best) also on the helmet speakers, they may be slightly out of position, try moving them forward a bit and see if that makes a difference.

Back