free website stats program Intake Manifold Seals Install | Harley Davidson Forums

Intake Manifold Seals Install

--Bonez--

Ok guys Im intalling new intake manifold seals and i need some tool recommendations for the 2 bolts (the slotted flang side) thats hard to get to.! The other ones no problem as i have the correct tools for them but the other 2 bolts i actully had to use a regular ol allen wrech to brack them loose.! I will be doing the reinstall as soon as i can find out the correct tool(s) to use when tighting and torquing those bolts... So what specific tool to use to get in there to properly get them tight and torqued. This a very important step here... Nothing ive got will fit in that area except for the regular allen wrench

I just cut an allen wrench shorter. I can get in there no problem. If you need extra torque just use either a small piece of copper tubing or the box end of a combination wrench. Been doing it that way for decades.
Well I just kept working with it and finally got everything as tight as I could get it... Nothing is torqued to specs though lol I hope it all holds up without any leaks

Back