free website stats program Intake manifold bolts | Harley Davidson Forums

Intake manifold bolts

Anyone ever tried to replace the intake gaskets? I can't seem to get access to the 1/4 allen head bolt. I have the shop manual and it just says remove them after taking all the wires and such out of your way. I can just get the allen wrench to them, but not set inside and I have no room to move the wrench. Is there some majic trick that I am missing? I would like to solve the back popping this weekend. Thanks.

I have used 1/4" - 1 inch allen wrench tip, then I use a 1/4" wrench to turn the tip. Not too bad a job.

Hi springer fan. when i fitted my SS carb i removed and refitted the inlet manifold using a dome ended long reach allen key. Richy.

It worked! I was able to get them loose with the small bit and a 1/4" wrench. Thanks for the advice! I got the gaskets changed without any other issues.

I only got to ride it down the street and back, the wife was waiting on the driveway for me to take her to dinner, and it did pop. I have a TFI and have to adjust it today and see what happens. If that doesn't do it, I am out of ideas. We'll see.

After fine tuning my TFI, my scoot is running sweet. She still pops on decel but not bad. I stopped by my dealer and a mechanic offered to ride it to see if he could tell what was going on with my wobbly steering. (Different post) He said it needed it's 10K service because they would tear it down and service all the parts. I hope that solves that problem. I asked him about the pop on decel and he told me that someone took the baffles out of the pipes. He said when you do that, it pops on decel and sometimes on shifting because the vtwins like backpressure.

Back