free website stats program Insurance | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Insurance

By law we have to carry liability insurance, If you own the bike outright collision is your choice I base it on the value of the bike and it depends on how much your comftorable with losing should you suffer a total loss, me personally I buy the collision never know?:newsmile093:

Carry the insurance you want. Understand what the coverage is for, make a decision that protects you. If you live in a bigger city, you are going to pay more. Ultimately, you do get what you pay for.

Mattman is indeed correct...we may cry the blues about coverage and insurance rates...but what really matters is do they deliver or just give you lip service when you really need them. :coffee

If you owe money on your bike, then the lienholder is going to require you to carry full coverage. if you own it outright, then it's like Wayne R says; how much are you willing to lose if its totaled out. More importantly, how much discretionary money can you afford to part with if the bike isn't totaled out and you have to pay to repair it.

Even though you feel you are a careful rider, and any accident you might be involved in may not be your fault, there is always a good chance you could be at fault. All it takes is a momentary lapse in focus, a deer or dog running across the road in front of you, or a patch of fresh oil on the roadway to send you sliding down the roadway.

As for me, I carry not only full coverage, but higher liability limits than the statutory minimum. These days, minimum limits just aren't sufficient if you're determined to be responsible and the other person has more than just a sore neck or back.

Progressive full coverage 400.00 a year, my feeling is I ride a $30,000.00 machine (including extras which I just added up, a bit scary at $10,800.00) and $400.00 is a very small price to pay for peace of mind.

My thoughts are you collect on the collision and you probably what be riding anymore.

Even if you are not riding anymore, if you have collision and the bike is fixed or replaced, you have something of value to sell.

Full coverage for me on the bikes, every time.:coffee

Looks like full coverage for me... An thanks for over looking me poor tying skills eg. own instead of on, your instead you, want instead of what...:lol

Back