free website stats program Installing Ultra Tour-Pak Brake Light Chrome Accent Covers | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing Ultra Tour-Pak Brake Light Chrome Accent Covers

sodor

I have purchased the Ultra Tour-Pak Brake Light Chrome Accent Covers (HD P/N 59239-93) for my 2007 Ultra. It consists of 3 main components: 2 brake lamp covers and 1 center trim piece. I have installed the 2 brake lamp covers, but I have a problem with the center trim. The instructions say to carefully pry the existing aluminum center piece away from Tour-Pak with a small screwdriver. I have actually punched a hole in the aluminum trim plate and have tried to pry it off to no avail. Any suggestions?

I installed the same part on my 09 Ultra and the old center piece is glued. All I used was my hands and some help with my finger nails to carefully pry out the old center trim. Please be patient it and it will eventually pry out.

Here are a couple of pictures.

This one is a before picture (but it is my buddies 2009 bike since I didn't take a before shot):
DSC_0105 copy.jpg

This one is an after shot (my 2007 bike):
DSC_0104 copy.jpg

I really like it! Dresses up the TourPak nicely... I ordered mine a few weeks ago and can't wait to install it. Thanks for the pics.

Back