free website stats program Installing solo rack | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing solo rack

#2 on that, looks great the way it is . Don't think the reflectors will add to the look.

I haven't put the side reflectors back on the fender yet, but here's a couple with the rack installed:

_MG_5448 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Installation looks nice and clean...:s

5349481003_bc4657033a_z.jpg

If you have need to feed fasteners thru a blind hole in the rear fender, like the seat retainer receptacle, I use a medium sized Zip Ty, feed it thru the fastener and the hole pull the small end thru and install clip. You can for bolts/washers use copper wire to feed thru, hold it while fastening nut. If going the other way, the trick is to get the nut with lockwasher aligned and started which is why it helps to jack the bike up so the rear wheel sags to access tight space under the fender. What seems like a simple mod can get pretty tough quick.

That rack does look very nice. I bought the quick detach chrome version for my Street Bob, but it was the wrong part number. I thought I wanted to be able to remove the rack at times, but yours looks really good in the black color. But, ouch, they are expensive!

Back