free website stats program Installing Security System | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing Security System

DynaBike

My '07 Dyna does not have a security system. I just purchased a HD Smart Security System 68207-07, which consist of a TSM, antenna module, cable, bracket, and fob. I understand that the dealer must activate the fob, but was hoping I could install the system and get it working 'fobless' first. Is this possible ?

I found a writeup in the tech section called Marrying New TSSM To Bike, but not sure it applies, since I have no idea what password the TSM would be learning, plus I don't know what the 3.3 TSM vehicle delivery procedure is.

Do I need to take the bike and parts to the dealer or is there a good procedure to be found for mounting and initializing this system ?

Thanks !

You can do the installation and the marrying but the dealer has to initialize the FOB's for you.

Thanks Glider, but my question is, assuming I can figure out the mounting, and I step thru the procedure to 'marry' the TSM, will the bike start or at that point, will there be a password or pin that I'm required to enter manually to get the bike started ? I'm not clear on if there will be an initial pin automatically set and/or what it will be ?

Thanks again.

Most every bike has an initial PIN either from the factory or set by the dealer during setup. You may want to contact your dealer and see where the bike came from originally ( they can search the VIN in their computer) and they may have a certain PIN they use that would work to manually disarm yours.

The bike should start and run after you marry the TSSM with the procedure but the dealer has to initialize the FOB with the digital tech using the code on the FOB.

Back