free website stats program Installing a CCI mini tach on a 883n? Where do the wires go? also my tach is stuck at max is it fr | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing a CCI mini tach on a 883n? Where do the wires go? also my tach is stuck at max is it fr

kathi104

Can someone tell me where the blue, red and green wire go????? Black is ground. However I followed the manual for my 883n and its says orange wire is irnition, light green is ignision and blue fform the lights is power? Is this right. Another question if the tach is on 8 MAX 1000 and stuck is it fried no good?

I have read several threads but no clear answers? huh?????

Can someone tell me where the blue, red and green wire go????? Black is ground. However I followed the manual for my 883n and its says orange wire is irnition, light green is ignision and blue fform the lights is power? Is this right. Another question if the tach is on 8 MAX 1000 and stuck is it fried no good?

I have read several threads but no clear answers? huh?????

Welcome to The Forum, did your CCI tach not come with instructions? What is the part number?

Welcome to The Forum, did your CCI tach not come with instructions? What is the part number?
Hi Jack,

Well its a Custom Mini-Electric Tachometer from CCI. Strange no part number on papers but box has 688059 on it. Jack my question is The red says to connect to ignition on DC 12v. (in looking through the shop manual for the 883n its a gray wire). The Blue wire is to a lamp on, (which I placed it on the blue wires to the left turn signal). The green goes to the data wire Light green and violet, and the Black is the ground... Turn on the bike NADA, Kaput, nothing..... Help:cry

Hi Jack,

Well its a Custom Mini-Electric Tachometer from CCI. Strange no part number on papers but box has 688059 on it. Jack my question is The red says to connect to ignition on DC 12v. (in looking through the shop manual for the 883n its a gray wire). The Blue wire is to a lamp on, (which I placed it on the blue wires to the left turn signal). The green goes to the data wire Light green and violet, and the Black is the ground... Turn on the bike NADA, Kaput, nothing..... Help:cry

If your ignition is single fire this tach is not set up for that ignition

Back