free website stats program Inop rear lights.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Inop rear lights....

DALPILOT

I have a 94 DWG. The rear running lights and brake light do not come on when the lights are turned on, or with either hand or foot brake operation. The rear running lights DO come on if I use either turn signal or the Hazard Flashers.
Wire, switch, or fuse? Where are the fuses located? Any help appreciated.

Bill.

Possibly both bulbs are burnt out. If not check for corrosion in sockets and for proper contact of bulbs. If you have turn signals wired into brake lights see if wire has disconnected from light conversion unit.

You might want to take a look under the rear fender to see if the wires have been rubbing and maybe cut.

It could also be the wiring harness going to the rear lights. If a bike is lowered or riding two up frequently, the tire can and has rubbed through the harness under the rear fender.

Thanks guys. It was a simple burned out brake light bulb. It finally dawned on me that the rear running lights are not lit full time.

Bill.

You need to make some changes to have the rear turn signals act as running lights
As they are illegal in the country i dont know much about it but a special modual can be wired into the system to make it happen

Brian

Back