free website stats program Info on Breakout Box | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Info on Breakout Box

You know you can buy one cheap now with all the hook ups on Fleay Bay

Any updates on building a break out box?The best I can tell the 14' Dyna electrical service manual shows 3 different breakout boxes.One for the ECM.BCM, and ABS.Unless I'm seeing it wrong which is possible with my bifocaled peepers. The manual makes clear that the procedures are for use when Digital Technician is unavailable. Makes sense, time is money in a shop.

Thanks for the response I was trying to build one and wanted to see pics of the one this guy built
Helloooo,
Did you manage to make yourself a breakout box?, am having problems with my 04 EFI Fatboy,replaced the MAP sensor as per the Diag code, but still running badly!!!, & the Diag code is still saying its the Map sensor.
Jim

Helloooo,
Did you manage to make yourself a breakout box?, am having problems with my 04 EFI Fatboy,replaced the MAP sensor as per the Diag code, but still running badly!!!, & the Diag code is still saying its the Map sensor.
Jim
Did you test the old and new map sensors off the bike? I've never had to test one for a bike, but I suspect it's the same as car sensors. Take it off, apply vacuum to the vacuum port and measure output voltages or resistance (don't remember which right now). If values are out of spec, new MAP sensor. BTW, it's not uncommon now that new sensors are out of spec before you even install them, hence my desire to test sensors prior to install if possible.

Hello, I know this thread is very old but I have to inquire about that breakout box DIY, was it successful? Pictures and wiring diagrams if it’s not too much trouble.

As we all know the Harley Breakout box P/N HD42682 and all the cable adapters can not be bought from Harley. So I have made my own and for a resononal price. For those of you that would like to have the sources for the connectors and the wiring diagrams I will be happy to share. Just let me know. I also have pictures of the one that I built.

i am trying to make a basic wiring harness just to fire the engine on frame but still building bike. i am working with part of 1999 dyna-glide with a big twin 1200 have no spark bad cam sensor purchased TC88 ignition module, doesn"t use cam sensor need wiring diagram

Last edited by a moderator:
Back