free website stats program In need of some help | Harley Davidson Forums

In need of some help

Los los

2005 electra glide. Was out riding lights flickered a bit then bike shut off (Had the bike towed).
The speedo and tec are working the lights don't come on and the niddles appear to be stuck mid way. No spark and fuel pump doesn't prim on its own. Also the fuel pump fuse no power. All fuses are good I changed the system relay too. Hope anyone could help. Thank you in advance.

Start with the simple stuff first.
Clean both battery cables and the ground to frame.
Remove each fuse to check for corrosion and to be sure 1 isn't burnt.
Remove each relay to check for corrosion.
With the battery disconnected unplug the ECM and check for water intrusion and corrosion.

I had this problem last spring. Left me on the side of the road. Left me on the side of the road. Turned out to be the voltage regulator. I purchased a cheap one online. It only worked for 2 weeks and failed. Didn't let me down just quit charging. Ponied up for the OEM version and it has been great since. This is on an 07 EGC

So I changed the ecm for a good working one. I hear the pump now ,it fires up but dies. WHAT AM I MISSING!!!!

2005 electra glide. Was out riding lights flickered a bit then bike shut off (Had the bike towed).
The speedo and tec are working the lights don't come on and the niddles appear to be stuck mid way. No spark and fuel pump doesn't prim on its own. Also the fuel pump fuse no power. All fuses are good I changed the system relay too. Hope anyone could help. Thank you in advance.
Clean the battery cables or get new cables.

So I changed the ecm for a good working one. I hear the pump now ,it fires up but dies. WHAT AM I MISSING!!!!

I'd go a little further with Joel's suggestion. Slamming in a black box like an ECM does "solve" a lot of problems but in many cases the ECM that was in there was fine. It was a bad connection somewhere. Liberal use of contact cleaner (with the master fuse removed) might fix the core problem and you can go back to the stock ECM. You want those contacts bright and shiny.

In my experience as a career computer systems engineer, shotgunning in replaceable units based on guesswork causes more problems than it solves. The fact that a replacement part "fixed" one problem only to create a new one is proof of that.

As Joel advised, stick with the basics. Major problems typically have a basic, easy to isolate source.

Good luck!

I purchased a spare part for my cbike while replacing the muffler, and I recommend exploring the Internet. I found it there; the selection is extensive, and the quality appears to be excellent and crafted with care. Give it a try – you might find what you need.

I purchased a spare part for my cbike while replacing the muffler, and I recommend exploring the Internet. I found it there; the selection is extensive, and the quality appears to be excellent and crafted with care. Give it a try – you might find what you need.
I am adding to my message, I found it for you here, for example lbz egr delete, so I think you will find what you need.

Back