free website stats program I'm BACK ... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm BACK ...

This is excellent to hear from you TQ! The kind of news we've been waiting for . . .
Enjoy that beauty . . .

Happy to see you back TQ - that's a nice bike you got there -- I hope you enjoy it for many many miles to come. :D

Bill

Thank you all for the votes of confidence, and the big welcome back. Never really left here, but had taken a bit of a hiatus on riding with no running bike!!

So here is my short term plan for the bike:

• Change out the fluids as follows:
    Engine: FULL synthetic 20W50 VTwin engine oil
    Tranny: FULL synthetic 75W140 GL-5 gear lube
    Primary: Fit-for-purpose chaincase/wet clutch lubricant (like HD Formula + or Spectro Primary, Redline Primary, etc.)
  • Change out primary chain tensioner system to a Hayden M6 (BT07)
  • Change out plugs (Champion - RA8HC)
Longer term, I want to do a fuel manager like the TFI Gen 3 or 3.5, but have to look hard at the V&H FP3 too.

Eventually, I want to do cams and change out the inner bearings to the Torringtons (Timken). That will mean adjustable PRs too. And may swap out the lifters while there. But that is a "round tuit" project.

So, back in the saddle, and back on the wrenches. Ain't it great!!!

Cheers,

TQ

sounds like a winter project to me i know your ready to get some miles in rather than twisting wrenches glad your back in the saddle

OK. Stymied!! One of the long bolts at the front of the primary that is screwed through the primary cover, inner primary and into the engine block WILL NOT come out without at least loosening the left hand floorboard mount. This is the mount that the jiffy stand is fastened to, and the front shifter assembly.

Does anyone know what size these Torx fasteners are? They are bigger than T-40!!! So once again, HDs engineering has made it impossible to do a 30 minute job in 30 minutes. To remove the Primary Cover, I have to loosen the floorboard support structure!!! Urgh!

Cheers,

TQ

Trevor I believe they are a T-45 one size smaller than the seat belt bolts in your car.

Steve is correct T 45, hit hit with a impact driver it will be tight:s Put a bit of anti sieze on the tip of the torx bit for more torque and less chance of stripping

Back