free website stats program I'm About Fed Up | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm About Fed Up

Got the bike back yesterday, so far so good. Time will tell. I need to go back and ask them what all they replaced because they gave me no paperwork at all, just said here's your bike. Gonna be awhile before I trust it....... I'll never go back to that dealer for service again. Took them 3 days shy of ONE MONTH to fix it.

Interesting that they released the bike with no paperwork. Not a very good sign. For if bike is for now ok they can state whatever they want to appease the situation in dealers favor. You might want to get a hold of H.D. corporate and file a claim to protect your self and make corporate aware of dealers way of poorly handling your case. I would bet that the problem was a simple fix as Joel's thought was and dealer is trying to save face to cover their incompetency. I am sure you did not buy a new bike to have these kinds of problems though in the future things may work out for you ok. Best of luck.

I got an e-mail from HD Corp. yesterday asking about my experience with their service. I replied with a lengthy description of how I felt. Don't know if it will help any, but I told them I felt this dealer's service dept. was completely inept, and I would never go back there.

I got an e-mail from HD Corp. yesterday asking about my experience with their service. I replied with a lengthy description of how I felt. Don't know if it will help any, but I told them I felt this dealer's service dept. was completely inept, and I would never go back there.
You also did also explain how your very expensive purchase has left you desiring a lot more and dependability is quite low on the list especially with the way things have played out for you and you have no confidence in their product.

I hope they respond better to you than GM did for us. Not satisfied, wrote them a lengthy explanation of what was wrong with the car...like the rubber mat for the cargo area thrown in on top of the things they had taken out, but apparently they didn't realize I had a rubber mat, so they just threw it on top of the stuff that was in the back. :( Not a peep.

I stopped and got the paperwork. According to that, they replaced the starter ($380.73) and a new battery ($170.95). Those are the only parts listed as being replaced on the start issue. They also replaced the ignition switch on that recall (new keys, so I know that was truly done). They listed 12 hours labor at $88 per hour, most of that was diagnostic work. Bill would have been over $1600.

Good luck,sounds like your doing well so far.I always thought the low rider was the one to have if your going get a Dyna. H.O. Eng. some chrome,tach/speedo on tank,adj.bars/seat.For not much more than street bob.

Back