free website stats program ignition fuse blows | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

ignition fuse blows

I think I am getting close,I notice when the bike is running all the lights come on except for the rear turn signal running lights but the turn signal will work,I grabbed the wire harness back by the taillight and the bike died and blew the ignition fuse,now I am confused.

I am going threw the wires as we speak

I get a code u1064 which says loss of tsm data,is that because I unplugged it or is it a bad tsm module,is there a way to retrieve this info?

I have a tsm code of loss of data,can anyone tell me if it is because I unplugged it and plugged it back in or is it the tsm module that is bad,how can you tell if the tsm is bad? how can I reset it?

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to slow down because your all over the place with this problem and your skipping important steps. You never answered the question from entry point #10 about the turn signal converter. You needed to leave the TSM unplugged after you found that the fuse still blows and take the next logical step. I can't demand you troubleshoot the problem the way I would do it because it's your bike.

If you have a better plan, then go for it.
The U1064 is irrelevant at this point and means nothing because you booted the ECM with the TSM disconnected. If you want to clear the code just follow these instructions, but with the fuse still blowing it may not.
http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/index.php/t-2362.html

You need to slow down because your all over the place with this problem and your skipping important steps.

truck475

Do yourself a favor and listen to Hoople. If you can read the questions he's asking you and answer them correctly and precisely, chances are that Hoople WILL diagnose your problem but if you post confusing facts and don't answer the questions being asked, you may end up at the dealer at least few hundred in the hole .

You need to slow down because your all over the place with this problem and your skipping important steps. You never answered the question from entry point #10 about the turn signal converter. You needed to leave the TSM unplugged after you found that the fuse still blows and take the next logical step. I can't demand you troubleshoot the problem the way I would do it because it's your bike.

If you have a better plan, then go for it.
The U1064 is irrelevant at this point and means nothing because you booted the ECM with the TSM disconnected. If you want to clear the code just follow these instructions, but with the fuse still blowing it may not.
http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/index.php/t-2362.html

truck475

Do yourself a favor and listen to Hoople. If you can read the questions he's asking you and answer them correctly and precisely, chances are that Hoople WILL diagnose your problem but if you post confusing facts and don't answer the questions being asked, you may end up at the dealer at least few hundred in the hole .

+ 1 on what glider is saying! Hoop's one of the best we have here on HDT when it comes to this!!! electrical "gremlins" can be a hair pulling ordeal BUT listen to Hoople aka " Mr. Electricity" and I'll betcha he'll get you fixed up!!!That is unless you have the extra $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ + taxes to spend at the dealer!!?? :s

sorry hoople,I guess I am trying a hundred things at once,please give me the steps I need to go threw,I must have the running light module you are talking about because my front signal running lights come on but the rear does not.

I must have the running light module you are talking about because my front signal running lights come on but the rear does not.

That's the way they are supposed to work. The rears are only directionals and not running lights like the front lights.

Well now I found another code,u1097 and p1356 the p1356 has me baffled,rear cylinder no combustion,but if I keep the battery out long enough and put it back in it will run.any suggestions?

Forget about the codes until you fix the short. A short can cause a lot of different issues and it could be all over the place. It you are moving the harness near the tail light and rear blinkers something is grounding out in that area. You should be able to disconnect the tail light/turn signal harness under the seat where it goes under the rear fender, disconnect this and start the bike. The harness runs from under the seat to the tail light/circuit board and out to the individual turn signal so check everthing.

Back