free website stats program Ignition coil test ??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Ignition coil test ???

2001FLHT

2001FLHT CARB MODEL, Stopped firing without warning. The ignition coil testing across the secondary(where plug wires go) is testing 11,500 ohms.
The manual states it should be between 5500 & 7500 ohms. Could this be my problem? Would this keep it from firing, having to high of a reading? Any advice appreciated.
I can't seem to get any codes, could the coil be bad and not show a code??

Thanks

Don't know if this is any info you don't all ready have, but hope it's a help

tn94s3.jpg

Are you measuring between terminal B and each spark plug wire hole? Each side should be almost the same. It almost sounds like your reading Hole to Hole.

One of your sides reads a lot higher than the other.?

If only the secondary winding was bad, I can't see how it could post any codes for that model year..

Are you measuring between terminal B and each spark plug wire hole? Each side should be almost the same. It almost sounds like your reading Hole to Hole.

One of your sides reads a lot higher than the other.?

If only the secondary winding was bad, I can't see how it could post any codes for that model year..

in my 2000 book it shows code 24/25 as the code for a coil. front and rear posts... and I posted a lot of stuff for a different problem that is related on another thread for 2001FLHT........TOO MANY TO KEEP TRACT OF!

can't figure where the other post are, I gave him the specks to ck the coil with and hoped you would come along to HELP!
signed....BUBBIE

Back