free website stats program If you break it, you are going to pay ... At which price! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

If you break it, you are going to pay ... At which price!

Smitty, I must admit you are right. Every single piece of plastic seems to be the top of engineering design.
WAP.gif

Check for motorcycle swapmeets in your area. Lotsa stuff, usually for pennies on the dollar. Particularly plastic lenses and stuff like that. A little Brasso and a lot of elbow grease can do wonders on a scratched plastic lens.
I recently picked up a pair of lightly used, excellent chrome, risers that HD gets $125 for, for $15.

As much respect as I have for the motor company and the fine machines they produce, I never buy parts OE parts from the dealer. Bottom line is there are just to many choices of quality after market parts at prices far below dealer retail. Example I just received and installed new brake pads on my 07 Road King which has three calipers. Pads alone from the dealer for all three approximately 150.00 my total cost including shipping............37.00! I did the work which took a couple hours consisting of cleaning calipers, pistons, and lubing pads and pins. Some shops, not all, will just remove old pads insert new ones and hand you a 300.00 bill.

As much respect as I have for the motor company and the fine machines they produce, I never buy parts OE parts from the dealer. Bottom line is there are just to many choices of quality after market parts at prices far below dealer retail. Example I just received and installed new brake pads on my 07 Road King which has three calipers. Pads alone from the dealer for all three approximately 150.00 my total cost including shipping............37.00! I did the work which took a couple hours consisting of cleaning calipers, pistons, and lubing pads and pins. Some shops, not all, will just remove old pads insert new ones and hand you a 300.00 bill.

And you feel better knowing you did the work yourself :s

Back