free website stats program Idle problems wiith TFI | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Idle problems wiith TFI

i just installed a TFI and when i pull up 2 a stop sign now it idels down a touch low then picks back up and idels normal.now when this happens it only lasts for a few seconds then like i said it picks back up and idels normal.it does not feel like it is going to cut off or anything. i just can notice it doing it. should i pay it no attetion and just ride?or do i need to adjust one of the pots?or all of them?

Holy diver,

Usually it is Pot one that you adjust to the Fast Idle when you installed....

Did you do the adjusting with warmed bike and at close to 2000 RPM??

I had to re-adjust mine (pot one) when it was First set at the recommended settings from Dobecks,,,,,, Changed it, but Not much...

It is easy to set or change so I would Fiddle a Little and see what it does.

signed....BUBBIE

I have this feeling if you remove the TFI your idle will remain where it is. Sounds like you may have an air leak in the intake side.

Even if adding fuel DID increase the RPM, the IAC control stepper should kick it back down and that is not happening. The Target idle RPM is a software value.
If the idle is not correct either the IAC stepper is not working, the engine is never coming out of warm up mode due to a temp sensor failure, the stepper is pegged at the lowest extreme in an attempt to correct the curb idle or you have an intake leak.

(As it applies to the 2009 Avatar bike.)

Hoople this is interesting, my bike is a 2005 SE electra glide, some times i start it even when its hot and it revs up to 2000rpm, i have to switch it off and start it again or else it would stay like this, is that the same issue here ? is it the temp. sensor failure ?

Back