free website stats program Idle Mixture Screw C V carb | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Idle Mixture Screw C V carb

Hi ,

Good news ! Today I've taken off the carb, swapped the slow jet for another one, same size ( I should have done that when I overhauled the carb last winter ), installed a washer to the needle jet and put everything back in place. This time, it was way too rich ( black smoke ) so I removed the washer, started the engine and seeing it was running great, went for a ride. Gee, it is not the same bike: very good acceleration to approx 110 mph couldn't go faster ( bad weather and road conditions ). Now I know a carb jet can get bad. Thanks for help.

Colas LeGrippa, Montreal.

good to know you gott'er fixed. You can probably clean the old jet out. Just don't use any torch tip cleaners, they have a tendency to enlarge the jet size.
tourbox

There must be some sort of obstruction in the old slow jet as jets are not expensive if unsure about one best to throw it out then in years to come and have perhaps forgotten this incident you will not have it to lead you down a bad path when working on a carb

Brian

There must be some sort of obstruction in the old slow jet as jets are not expensive if unsure about one best to throw it out then in years to come and have perhaps forgotten this incident you will not have it to lead you down a bad path when working on a carb

Brian

Boy, I am not sure more sage advice has been given here in a while. Get rid of it!

Back