free website stats program idle adjustment for 2007 FLSTN | Harley Davidson Forums

idle adjustment for 2007 FLSTN

Yes there is an adjustment but it can only be done with the use of digital tech through a dealer, but i believe it can be done also if you have a tuner on the bike.

Thanks, it idles at 1100 rpm. would like to get it to 900. I removed the baffles from the V&H staggered SS. It has lost power and doesnt run as good as i think it should. Any adjustment for that? I don't believe it has a power/fuel pack installed.

Thanks, it idles at 1100 rpm. would like to get it to 900. I removed the baffles from the V&H staggered SS. It has lost power and doesnt run as good as i think it should. Any adjustment for that? I don't believe it has a power/fuel pack installed.

The ECM is programmed to idle at the factory set rpm (about 1,000). If idle speed is adjusted, the ECM will readjust it. Like previous post, the Digital Tech. can be used, but the idle speed needs to be high enough to support charging and oil pressure. You lost power can be traced to the short shots without baffles. The system needs some back pressure.

While Evo and older models could idle slower, The Twin Cam with its oiling system and charging system should not idle this slow. You may want to add a fueler and baffles to your exhaust JMO . Check the self help section

900 is too low.I recall reading something somewhere,and some time back that about 960 RPM is as low as you should go.These engines NEED the extra RPMs to keep the oil pressure up and to maintain charging. I have a Thundermax fitted to my bike so i DO have idle adjustability;however i always keep my idle at either 992 or 1008 RPM(T/max allows adjustment increments of 16 RPM at a time)

I see many a T/max equipped bike on Youtube idling at 700 RPM or even lower and i shudder at the possible damage these guys are doing to their motors.

Back