free website stats program Identify this tv bike... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Identify this tv bike...

Joe I think your right about the frame, I think it's a Dunstall Norton frame. But the engine is a 4cyl. Honda or Kawasaki. When I first saw the commercial I thought from the sound that it might be a 750 Honda with a 4 into 1 with a short megaphone exhaust.

Joe I think your right about the frame, I think it's a Dunstall Norton frame. But the engine is a 4cyl. Honda or Kawasaki. When I first saw the commercial I thought from the sound that it might be a 750 Honda with a 4 into 1 with a short megaphone exhaust.

I don't know....
Check this out: and I quote "ok so i've done some research and found this bike to be Honda CB550 with the front wheel of a CX650. be great to know who did the seat and tank."

1975 Honda CB550

dbmg you may be on to something there. I'm by no means a Honda expert but it sure sounds like a 750 winding up, but maybe the 550 sounds like that with that short exhaust.

Looks a lot like this,with a different seat,exhaust and tank.
This is a picture of my 1980 Honda CB900 Custom

43402774.JPG

Thanks again everyone! Love those old Hondas. A friend bought a basket case CB750 and completely restored it and I was lucky enough to watch it step by step. Never get enough motorcycles... :)

Got it. Honda 550 4 cyl.

Aw man..........that picture brought back memories.
I had one way back when I was young and handsome, a 1974 Honda 550. That was the best bike. Loved that thing.
Then we had kids.
Then all my toys disappeared.................:newsmile08:

I definitely think it's a Honda CB, doesn't look like a 750 because that new would be DOHC, so I go with the consensus of a CB550. I've had a couple CB750's, they are nice bikes. I like the cafe style, definitely not original to the bike.

Back