free website stats program ideas for different speedo mount | Harley Davidson Forums

ideas for different speedo mount

sgtkyle2001dyna

I have a 2001 Dyna Super Glide, the speedometer is mounted to the handle bar clamp and to say Im not a fan of the way it looks is an understatement. Im looking for alternatives, center console on the fat bob tank is out, I have a single, center mounted gas cap. I've looked into SABER digital mirrors, but havent seen any reviews and I am reluctant to drop 700 bucks on something that no one can vouch for. Any Idea's. Pics if you can so I can get a better idea.

There is an earlier thread from this year showing a creative and attractive speedo mount on a Dyna that may help you. Check the thread Pullback Risers on 2010 FXDC and the photos posted by Diver4life. He used cable clamps mounted low on the risers as the speedo mount support. Impressive.

The newest Sportster, the 1200 Custom, has the speedo mounted on the handlebar but behind instead of in front. Don't know what-all it would take to adapt, but it should be doable.

Let us know what you decide, and photos would be great. Good luck.

Thanks, Ill def. post my decision with pics. Although it will be august bfore I modify anything cause Im stuck without a bike in Afghanistan.

As your bike is a Dyna then to get the speedo on to the tank then you could replace the tank and add the console from one of the Dyna models that has the speedo mounted to the tank

Brian

Back