free website stats program I'd rather you drink and drive than text | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

I'd rather you drink and drive than text

It's illegal here too, altho you wouldn't think it, one of the closest calls(no pun intended)I've had was traveling East on the TCH and a cop car was coming up an on ramp heading West, he swerved onto the highway long before the merge lane ended and was crossing the center line right in front of me, I went onto the shoulder and when I passed him, he had his cell phone up to his ear:wall

The bottom line for us on two wheels is to always ride defense. I'm not saying text or any other distraction is justified by drivers "for the record I do drive a car so I won't call anyone a cagier" just drivers. When out on the road we need to ride or drive safely don't count on anyone to care about you.

Texting is just this years flavor

Deaf like a door knob from over 22 years in USMC. Texting is a great way for me to communicate, especially when I am riding. The road needs to be smooth though or the words bounce and my fat fingers hit the wrong keys. Thank goodness for cruise control.:bigsmiley22:

You are kidding.....right?

The bottom line for us on two wheels is to always ride defense. I'm not saying text or any other distraction is justified by drivers "for the record I do drive a car so I won't call anyone a cagier" just drivers. When out on the road we need to ride or drive safely don't count on anyone to care about you.

Texting is just this years flavor

You're correct, defensive riding is the bottom line. I'm not shy with the horn at all.

Back