free website stats program Icelandic Volcano | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Icelandic Volcano

I'm getting great use of my saddle bags these days so I was prepared (even if Hobbit thinks it's an offense putting them on a Sporty - not to mention my crash/highway bars and detachable windscreen. It's a wonder he's prepared to be seen with me :lolrolling).

Same - I've got all (except bars) on mine! Hmmmm......Think maybe I should shed 'em before I get round to posting my pic....in case I get laughed outa HDT?

BTW that sounds like a great ride you had - just a few weeks too early for Killarney Bikefest - loadsa bikes, bands, beer & babes forecast ... and of course our usual moderate to heavy rain. You could always sort another work trip maybe...

I'm getting great use of my saddle bags these days so I was prepared (even if Hobbit thinks it's an offense putting them on a Sporty - not to mention my crash/highway bars and detachable windscreen. It's a wonder he's prepared to be seen with me :lolrolling).

Same - I've got all (except bars) on mine! Hmmmm......Think maybe I should shed 'em before I get round to posting my pic....in case I get laughed outa HDT?

BTW that sounds like a great ride you had - just a few weeks too early for Killarney Bikefest - loadsa bikes, bands, beer & babes forecast ... and of course our usual moderate to heavy rain. You could always sort another work trip maybe...

I thought about that earlier on this year Rawldyman because I get over to Dublin a lot and Killarney looks like great craic, but I've got my In Bruges ride coming up end of May. I'd love to get over to it next year. I take it you've been once or twice? :D

BTW I wouldn't shed anything! You're bike, your choice as Smitty loves to say and he's right. I bought Fehling bars on ebay - good price and quality and straightforward to fit. I'd say they're worth having in all that slippy rain though I'd hope you'd never need them!
Ride safe and enjoy Killarney.

The volcano still has me trapped in India. The planes are back in service but I couldn't get a flight till next Monday. That is a week after I was supposed to be home.

I would much rather be home putting some miles on the bike like you other guys!

The volcano still has me trapped in India. The planes are back in service but I couldn't get a flight till next Monday. That is a week after I was supposed to be home.

I would much rather be home putting some miles on the bike like you other guys!

Sorry you're stuck Bikerdad - it's enormously frustrating. There's talk of more ash coming this way so we're praying for Southerlys to give it to our Scandanavian brothers :D
Get home soon and safe.

Back