free website stats program I Pass | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I Pass

In central FL when I had my Sporty years go, I had the I-pass in my chest pocket, rode 1 handed while holding it (sensors are above the road and you drive under them) and it worked fine, but found myself in some uneasy situations riding 1 handed through toll both :small3d031:

Now with my RG, I just use two small velcro strips between the top of the dash and windshield. I stick the I-pass when I ride, remove it when I get home/office. Works good.

Good luck!

I place my ez pass just above the windshield bag on my Heritage with velcro. Take it off when not needed. Works for me.:)

I leave my I Pass in the car. I registered all the bike's license plate number on the I Pass website. They automatically charge my account even if I do not physically have the transponder with me on the bikes.

I've used it from in my pocket, on my Yamaha, and from my windshield bag on my HD. Both work fine. the trick is, as mentioned earlier, to place it to where it is up and the transponder is facing the same direction as it would be velcro'd. Once you do that, it seems to pick it up ok. if you don't, it won't pick it up. I too have all my vehicles on one pass so if it doesn't pick it up, they know where to go.
On a similar note, anyone know what the battery life is on those things? At least 5 years and counting.....

I placed mine (ty-wraped) inside the Batwing Fairing on top of the radio, close to the outer fairing. Loaded correct change in the ol' standby token holder clip - just in case and tried it out. Worked like a charm on our local Toll Plazas. Secure, dry and clean. Worked for me.

Looks like you have some good ideas here. I would not be a fan of under the light because of all the metal around the transponder. The I-Pass transponders are active RFID tags. They can be read through non conductive materials (like the nylon in the faring or the plastic windshields) Metal around them can hinder the reading process. As one member responded, if it is registered, and it does not read you will be charged bassed on the license plate. That works for the speed lands but can be a pain in the gated lanes. Mine is mounted on bracket on the right handlebar with velcro. Play around and see what works. I would be concerned that under the light may cause you problems and you cannot eaisly reach it to resolve.

Back