free website stats program I need help please! | Harley Davidson Forums

I need help please!

ROADKING107

I bought a bike I fell in love with and shortly after buying I learned I bought a FRANKENSTIEN! I bought bike from Florida and was attracted to it because it had a 107 ci Ultima that's where it starts! Bike runslike a bat outta (EDIT) at times and sickly others! im suspecting furl related isses bc it has stock ignition and stock EFI and I was told magnetti morelli is good on stock but any mods its difficult to ever get right and Ive been considering changing to carb! any help would be greatly appreciated! Bike is titled an 2004 Roadking it has a Paughco frame and swingarm and I found out most all parts are 98 Roadking as far as tins and accessories!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately you now have to deal with what someone else through together.
Can you be a little more specific on what it's doing, how often does it do it, does it seem to do it at different speed/rpm's etc....The more info you can give will be helpful.

Well Jeff I got sick right after I bought bike and that was a year and half ago but upon further inspection in starting to wonder if I wasn't took bc I cant find ultima anywhere on engine and it doesn't look like their pics! EXSTREAMLY frusterated and I cant find what the vin means anywhere its not like my shovelheads!

Ultima Motors are JUNK
They use a proprietary ignition system
Pull your cone off and see if it says Ultima on it
If it does follow the wires up to your coil, make sure you have NO breaks in the wires
If you do repair them
Check coil for resistance
If it does not ohm out replace it
Ultima has had a lot of problems as did Rev Tech being off shore with bad tolerances and parts
Nuff said cept not many people like working on them, if ya got a good one run it if ya got a bad one rebuild it or trade it JMO

Your numbers are right above the front mounting bolt holes. Each side of the cases are stamped.Or Should be, The Air cleaner (Stock should have stamping on it)

UltimaPolishedCompetition.jpg

Like This one

$_58.JPG

Is This your ignition?

Coil Test
You will find that the primary resistance will be a low number; 0.5 to 5 ohms, for example. The secondary resistance will be in the thousands of ohms.

The Ultima motor is made in Missouri but it has off shore parts, the valves are weak and do snap off in the guides, I have seen it first hand. Ultima wrenches in after market shops will tell you the horror stories of pistons not fitting right, valve breakage, lifter problems and damaged heads where the seats get pulled out
Rev tech went thru similar problems
I would not take either of these engines if you gave them to me
If I did get one I would fix it proper and quickly

http://www.ultimaproducts.com/PDFinstruct.html
Look here for PDF on Ultima Products
http://www.ultimaproducts.com/CSEngineManual.pdf
An S&S oil pump would be a big plus
Also check your rocker arms close, when these engines are assembled (CHINA) the torque and washers missing on the rocker arm supports, if not corrected well you see where this is going, once again I have seen this first hand, a valve snapped off in the guide
Guess where it went
Yup to the bottom of the case
There is NO trap door on the case (older) models for sure, so you have to pull the case apart, not fun but doable if you have patience and skills, you may need

500040A.jpg

This to reassemble Left Side case, Mine is a Kent Moore tool but you can find this @
http://www.georges-garage.com/evo_engine.htm

Thank you for helping! Been having laptop problems too! I can not find my numbers on the link provided. My engine looks like a stock Harley expect it has made in USA on 1case and HD heads my case number is AB03K2227

Back