free website stats program I hate to admit it BUT??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I hate to admit it BUT???

Hey gang

I was wondering if anyone else has had 2nd thoughts on their purchase? I started on a 1990 Heritage in 90 then got a 96, 99 Then I went to a 03 Road King (My all time favorite (until I purchased my 09) traded it in on a 07 Electra Glide Classic because I was thinking that this was going to be my last ride prior to retirement This past September got my current ride the Ultra in my opinion the best ride yet BUT I STILL MISS THE CLASSIC LINES OF THE ROAD KING CLASSIC Every time I get parts at the HD dealer I find myself going over to the Road King section I truly enjoy my 09 Ultra and would not trade it for anything But my true love is the RKC

Anyone else have indecision regarding their ride?

Nope.

At least not this time.

I did a few years back after I traded my Electra-Glide Standard for a Fatboy.

Sold that a few years later and bought an Electra-Glide Classic.

Once I got back on an Electra-Glide, everything in the world was right again.

No second thoughts, wish I could have all too. A dealer here in Michigan is offering a pretty good deal. Buy an 09 Sportster and ride it for a year, then get the full MSRP when youi trade it in on a Dyna or SoftTail. Drive it for a year basically for nothing. Good for someone starting out. But, then again, I would love to have a Sporty. Then I'd have two. NO, the wife would shot me. I will thou. I will.

I don't regret buying my 09 RG, but now I wish I kept my 02 1200 Sporty and used that as my project bike (i.e. install S&S Hot Setup 89 ci kit, etc..). Oh well. One day I may buy an old Sporty and build it.
My RG is really nice and plan on keeping the engine mostly stock and maybe adding a few after market items for long range touring (i.e. backrest, highway pegs, etc..). I just added a new Clearview shield this week.

Have fun and ride safe!
Todd

I don't regret buying my 09 RG, but now I wish I kept my 02 1200 Sporty and used that as my project bike (i.e. install S&S Hot Setup 89 ci kit, etc..). Oh well. One day I may buy an old Sporty and build it.
My RG is really nice and plan on keeping the engine mostly stock and maybe adding a few after market items for long range touring (i.e. backrest, highway pegs, etc..). I just added a new Clearview shield this week.

Have fun and ride safe!
Todd

That's exactly what I what to do. Buy a little older bike to use my wrenches on. I'm going to give a Stage one a try as soon as this 3 feet of snow melts. I would like to have a ECM model so I could learn more about fuel injection. Use to have a 69 Truimph and '71 Honda 750. Didn't do work on them, just rode them to (EDITED). I know Glider, I know...

(I know Glider, I know???...) Then you know what happens then? No more free passes!

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
For the last two months i was waiting for my 09 RG to come in. My neighbor up the street that i know in passing just won a 09 ultra classic and he had just bought an 06 ultra classic before christmas. Yesterday he tells me to take his 06 for a while since he's selling it. so i ride it about 300 miles today from interstate to the Applachain mountains and back to charlotte. Welllllllllll!
Tomorrow i'm going to the dealer that i have the 09rg on order with and make a deal on one of the two black 09 Ultra Classics they have. Did i mention im 36 years old and my wife said she wants black and the only other color she likes is black.:D

We bought our first H-D March of 03, RKC Gun Metal Pearl got all the 100 aniv. stuff to go with it, loved the bike, but than last year I got the great idea the wife would be more cumfy on the Ultra Classic. As things turned out we traded the RKC towards the Ultra, we have put on alot of great trips with the new bike, but later began to miss the old bike like a child, moved away, so after looking at the 09 RKC, we decieded on a color and order'd it. I often keep my eyes open for our 03 RKC, but now when I look at the new bike, those old memories don't hurt so bad.

I wish I could have hung on to my old shovel head and my old school Triumphs
something about those old bikes I really miss

No second thoughts. I try (but don't often succeed) to do all my 2nd thinking before laying down the cash. I'm perfectly happy with the DBI & haven't seen anything that I would rather have.

Logosm.jpg

Back