free website stats program I got it out of the way - I dropped my bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I got it out of the way - I dropped my bike

Good that you didn't hurt anything. My wife did that and broke her leg. She was taking a motorcycle class. Talk about being a bit embarrassing. She went back and passed and has been riding since. So what I'm saying is, there are those that have gone down, and those that will go down. Your all good. See ya on the road.
Ugly John

Bike o.k. Your o.k. Let's ride. I did the same on my road test. Brand new bike, test was over, passed with flying colors. Guy told me to go park it and come inside. I turned right and had to stop quickly. Hit the front brake and down she's go's. Going down on the pipe side. No way I thought. I held it for about 30 seconds before I could get it up. It never touch the ground but my arm hurt for 3 months. Don't hit the front brake with the wheel turned. :(

Glad your ok, as you can see it looks like many of us have, me I think 3 times now, no real damage to anything at anytime. Just learning and doing stupid things. Thankfully, only spectators for the first one, other 2 times I was by myself.

I knew it would eventually happen, and it did. It was a beautiful day so I headed to the local dealer to have the State inspection done and pulling into the lot I touched the front break with the front wheel turned and down she went. Nothing harmed but my pride. I figure now that I've done it I can just move on....

Hi Lucy, do'nt let it get to you. I dropped mine about a week ago, no damage done, probably due to the fact that I've dropped so many I'm getting good at it now:D. We all do it, just part of the experience.

No worries Lucy...I recently did the deed in November...when my bike "pogo'd" over a speed bump, a simple parking lot maneuver with same result...was able to slow the bike going all the way over to gently lay on the engine guard, no harm, no foul and NO ONE LOOKING...so righted and was off. Puts new meaning to the phrase, "Ride like ya stole it..."!!!

I did the same thing last year. I was making a slow-speed tight turn when I stalled the engine while in the tight turn. She slowly went down on the engine guard. Boy was that embarrassing!:(

Been there, done that. Glad to hear yours was minor and no damage done. I've done basically the same thing, except mine was while backing the bike out of the garage. Of course, that wasn't as bad as the time I forgot to put the kickstand down...

Wow, glad I never did that.......NOT.

It's great you didn't get hurt or damage your bike.

Just look at it as providing you with the opportunity to say some words that you can't put on the forum!:D

I'm going to assume dirt bikes don't count (if I had a nickle) so the first time I dropped my Harley was when I got my 73 Sportster. I had been away from riding (marriage, should have kept the bike instead) for 15 years. I had just taken my first long ride :D when I got home I shut off the bike, got off, walked away "OH Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh--CRASH :shock I was still buzzed from the ride and had forgotten to put the kick stand down. The good news, the bike was a basket when I bought it and as far as detailing it I had only power washed about 25 lbs of crud off it at that point. No great loss. I just looked around, saw that no one had seen me and picked it up and brushed it off.

Back