free website stats program I got a new seat ! | Harley Davidson Forums

I got a new seat !

Taildraggerdave

Hello again,

The big brown truck dropped off my new (to me) seat today.
I have a little over 25K on my Ultra and it never crossed my mind that maybe I should get a lower seat so I can flat foot with both feet at a stop light or ...

Seat is a takeoff from a 2013 Street Glide. Got it on line for a really good price. Was going to have MCC rework my 09 seat pan but from what I've read they don't work on that pan as it's just too big.

So I killed two birds with a whole lot less money.

100% flat footed now. I'll take it out for a good run in the next few days and see how it feels. Pretty stoked.

Dave

Attachments

• NewSeat2-Copy.jpg
    NewSeat2-Copy.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 81
I think you probably just spent the most important money on your ride!
Getting your feet planted good at stops or stop and go traffic makes a huge difference. My second used RK came with the 1" lower shocks and I couldn't believe what a difference that made. Then I put on the corbin seat which lowered me a little more. I'm 5' 8.5" with a 30" inseam, now I'm totally comfortable at stops and this bike fits me like a old pair of boots! If I ever needed to get a different bike, this would be the first $ spent.

Enjoy:guitar

PS the lower kit was only the rear, the front forks were not.

Thanks for the reply.
I did a couple hundred miles today, much of which was in gnarly LA traffic. Splitting lanes for miles at a time. There were a few times where I had to come to a complete stop and push my bike between a couple cars that would not move.... I was in a pack and had to keep the flow going.

Yeah, love the seat. Can't believe I waited this long.....

Take care,
Dave

Congrats on the seat Dave, thats awesome!! I just aquired a seat off a fatboy for my softail standard, what a huge difference comfort wise!! But I am now not sitting flat footed and I wonder if lowering the bike would be the answer? Does lowering the bike make it any different handling wise? Did you notice any difference with yours lowered stray dog? Will I still be able to take the corners like always?

Mike

Congrats on the seat Dave, thats awesome!! I just aquired a seat off a fatboy for my softail standard, what a huge difference comfort wise!! But I am now not sitting flat footed and I wonder if lowering the bike would be the answer? Does lowering the bike make it any different handling wise? Did you notice any difference with yours lowered stray dog? Will I still be able to take the corners like always?

Mike

My Fatboy is lowered and no, you cannot lean as far with a lowered bike. The pipes or floorboards will drag. Of course, these aren't road race bikes so you will probably be fine.

I've had a few occasions where I've come in too hot on the Fatboy and have drug a floorboard thru the entire corner and wound up on the outside edge of the road.....It'll make you say "huh".

Take care,
Dave

Dave has you covered here and yah I grooved a few corners with the floor boards too. Haven't for a long time time tho. Maybe with I'm leaning a little more and keeping the bike upright a little more OR I'm just slower:newsmile090:
That said, I wouldn't change it.

Maybe with I'm leaning a little more and keeping the bike upright a little more OR I'm just slower:newsmile090:
That said, I wouldn't change it.
Haha.. well I dont appear to be slowing down any! Maybe I will just get some taller boots hehe. :newsmile108:

Back