free website stats program i broke my clutch cable | Harley Davidson Forums

i broke my clutch cable

Adamal47

Yesterday I was riding home from work when my cable snapped. I noticed prior to this that the lever seemed harder to pull. Is this from the clutch being out of adjustment? How does this happen? Any rrcomendations of where to Get a new braided cable at a decent price?
WAP.gif

Yesterday I was riding home from work when my cable snapped. I noticed prior to this that the lever seemed harder to pull. Is this from the clutch being out of adjustment? How does this happen? Any rrcomendations of where to Get a new braided cable at a decent price?
WAP.gif
Likely from the cable fraying and binding toward the end of its life. You'll know when you put the new one on...smooth or hard to pull?

Enjoy,
Rich P

WAP.gif

Happy you managed to pull to the side safely..

Probably not adjustment causing the harder pull but like Rib Eye says, could be the cable fraying before breaking. Don't skimp on the cable, you will wind up breaking a second one. You can go to the dealer or get one of Barnetts.

If there's ever a good time for a cable to break - clost to home is the best...;)

I'd bet on RibEye's insight (cable fray = snap) and IRT new one (braided) - do some IE searching w/the recommended after-market sites (M&M Cycles, J&P, Dennis Kirk, Drag Specialties, etc.). I'm sure you'll find one to you're liking...

Back