free website stats program I’m at a loss | Harley Davidson Forums

I’m at a loss

MERKOE

I have a 2003 fat boy fuel injected, after doing my push rods and cam chain tensioners, timed perfect and running well , left me on the side of the road a week later. After this I have put a new fuel pump and injectors cleaned the fuel rail and have great fuel pressure, that being said brand new plugs. Fired her up and ran rough , was gonna take a test ride wouldn’t start after that, noticed that my plugs are fowling. That’s as far as I have got ,would there be codes that need to be cleared ??? send help I need to get back in the road , thanx y’all, new here

"after doing my push rods and cam chain tensioners, timed perfect and running well , left me on the side of the road a week later. "

First things to check are those things last done; I think you wasted money on fuel pump and injectors. Are the push rods adjustables? If so, first thing to check is the possiblity that one or both have come loose. Open the tubes and check each push rod with piston at TDC on the compression stroke.

I know, "timed perfect". I wish I had $5 for every time I have heard that when the OP, after messing around with everything but, cheks the inner cam sprockets and finds them of a tooth. In most cases, the motor will start and run that way but poorly, not rideable. A compression test will smoke that out; there will be a difference of about 30psi from one cylinder to the next.

Check those first before throwing more parts at the problem and report pack.

Back