free website stats program hypercharger install... | Harley Davidson Forums

hypercharger install...

sooty

:bigsmiley17:
sorry if this comes across as a stupid question but i have to ask...
i recently fitted a pro r series hypercharger to an evo s-tail but im having trouble gettin it to do what its meant to do,what i mean is the butterflys aint moving to either allow or restrict air flow.its a vac issue i know but what am i doing wrong...i put the T piece in the line from the carb n jammed it on the rear half of the charger as instructed in the instructions that came with.yes the other half of the "t" is blocked so as far as i knew it should of bin a goer???the original vac line/setup was ditched by a prev owner so i havnt had anythan to do with them till now?

Check the vacuum line you hooked to and see if you get a vacuum on it. The line may also be plugged from what you say about the previous owner.

as it so happens i did check it earlier but i neva got my thumb sucked in thru that tiny hole as expected..where would it be plugged from do ya think?i took the bit of tube he had off and put me thumb over the opening but felt [edit] all

Last edited by a moderator:
Check for a vacuum when you crack the throttle, there's ported vacuum and unported vacuum. I believe the butterflies open with lack of vacuum on this unit like when accelerating when the throttle is first cracked open, vacuum drops and the butterflies open up. Go to the source of the vacuum at the carb to, you will see if the line is plugged then.

im back!!computer crashed but all good once again.thanks for the tips,you were rite!had a leak that prevented a proper vacume being created.

im back!!computer crashed but all good once again.thanks for the tips,you were rite!had a leak that prevented a proper vacume being created.

Glad you're back, thought you got sucked into the hypercharger while working on it.:D

Glad you got the computer and the hypercharger squared away now. Vacuum leaks can be a bear to find sometimes.

Back