free website stats program Hydraulic Clutch Info | Harley Davidson Forums

Hydraulic Clutch Info

rmerrill

Can anyone tell me about a hydraulic clutch? Dose it matter what horse power you run? Do they work better than a cable clutch? Or is there a web site I can find this info. I have been searching and can't find any usefull info except for an install and yep they like it. Just wondering if anybody knew anything about them. Any info would be great thanks.

I believe that a hydralic clutch is easier to pull than a cable clutch and h/p shouldn't be an issue.In my opinion if you can handle the cable clutch you are better off. Hydralic is more parts to go wrong, fluid should be changed every couple of yearsand so on. I know a lot of people will disagree but that is my opinion. I am sure that you would have many years and trouble free miles with either system. You know what they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

The hydraulic unit only changes the actuator of the clutch system and does not effect the holding capabilities of the clutch itself or the HP handling either. That's determined by the springs in the clutch. They do not have a big impact on the lever pull between the two.
You may find them a bit smoother in operation.

Back