free website stats program How You Know When It’s Time to Switch to Linux | Harley Davidson Forums

How You Know When It’s Time to Switch to Linux

Probably when you get tired of your computer being invaded by viruses, spyware, malware and other frustrating things.
Has anyone ever heard of Ubuntu, I was told to give it a try.

Been using Ubuntu for little over a year now on my main desktop. Will not switch back. Much faster and none of the windows headaches. The price is right too.

Yea Ubuntu is free. Cost nothing. I have it on all my computer except 1, and the kids us Ubuntu more than Windows. It is faster quicker and there is nothing I can't do in Ubuntu. That is what I am using now. Windows is over and done with.

I've got Ubuntu on my netbook that rides along in a saddle bag on road trip. Works great. Mac on my main system and Windows on the wife's PC. When her system finally bogs down from bloating etc I'll put Ubuntu on it. Lots of very good free open source software available and incredibly easy to find and install.

There are no superior Operating systems, only superior individuals. I have use every windows made except for ME and I use linux but will not say one is better than the other. That's kind of like the GPU peein contest, who's is better > laffs

I've got a copy of linux mint to try, I have been running ubuntu for about a year and I love it. I've never had a crash yet, where as my wife's laptop with vista was a huge junker. My favorite part of linux is that is free!

Been using Ubuntu for the last week or so and have to say the switch has been pretty easy. I set it up as a dual boot machine so if I ever need windows for any reason I can boot it up but right now looks like I will be staying with Linux.

Been using Ubuntu for the last week or so and have to say the switch has been pretty easy. I set it up as a dual boot machine so if I ever need windows for any reason I can boot it up but right now looks like I will be staying with Linux.

Pretty soon you will want to use Linux all the time. If you need to use windows remember. You can download Virtual Box from Sun Micro systems, and run the fun OEM verions of windows in Linux. That is what I do. I can run XP, Vista and Windows 7 all at the same time using Virtual Box in Linux.

Back