free website stats program How to save money on gass with a family of 8! | Harley Davidson Forums

How to save money on gass with a family of 8!

I feel a little skittish having my 9 year old on the back with full riding gear and a tourpak for her to lean on. That baby is dangling over the rear tire! Brilliant!

They have no choice, they're poor! Unlike we fat westerners, they can't afford a couple of cars.

In the Dominican Republic this is a common practice,they also carry 100lbs. propane cylinders on their bikes to get them refilled, and the motorcycle taxis try to pick up three and four tourists at a time. Most of this is done on 125cc. motorbikes!:unsure

Maybe I should just shut up and not say anything, but now that isn't what a forum is all about is it. We here in the states think of this kind of stuff as being unsafe or stupid, I would venture to guess that the man riding his family is only thinking about doing what it takes for his family. I still remember growing up with my many brothers and sisters and the only two allowed to ride in the front of the pick up was ma and pa. Now days they would probably go to jail for endangering kids, back then they were doing what it took for the family.

I've spent time in many places and this is standard practice in Thialand, Indonesia, and China and you would be surprized to see the cargo that some people will haul on a 250cc or less bike, I once saw a 125 with 2 grown men and 3 large pigs in cages strapped to the back rack.

Kevin

Back