free website stats program How to keep white sidewall tires in good condition | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

How to keep white sidewall tires in good condition

Is pledge really safe to put on paint???

How safe it is can't say. But I and other have been useing it for some time. To each his own. I wouldn't tell you to use it because if by some unforseen chance the paint came off your bike you would blame me. All I can say is I usse it and it works good for me. Helps get the bugs off later also.

Good question,( when ya guys use the magic eraser do you wet them are use em dry?) might get a answer when the snow falls.
Haven't tried the magic eraser but have tried others and so far the Harley Davidson Wheel & Tire cleaner works best and goes on after wetting the tires. Also will not harm other components.
But I would like to try the magic eraser.

Last edited:
Good question,( when ya guys use the magic eraser do you wet them are use em dry?) might get a answer when the snow falls.
Haven't tried the magic eraser but have tried others and so far the Harley Davidson Wheel & Tire cleaner works best and goes on after wetting the tires. Also will not harm other components.
But I would like to try the magic eraser.

Magic eraser is used damp. I worry if I get it too wet, all the "magic" will drip out.

Magic eraser is used damp. I worry if I get it too wet, all the "magic" will drip out.

I use em wet.....they come in a two pack....and lucky enough I have two wheels......I find that after rubbing so hard on the front wheel...the easrer starts to fall apart never made with getting two wheels done with one.....but they work great!

Back