free website stats program how to get shoe marks off muffler | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

how to get shoe marks off muffler

Thinking next time I may try a MR CLEAN Magic Eraser, I use them at work alot they work good and Sears pays for them tho they don't know it yet:s

I have tried a lot of these mentioned methodes, and most have left marks on my chrome finnish. I quite touching any thing metal to my chrome. I now use a cloth wrapped arround a putty knife with the pipes hot to soften the offending goo. Any of the mentioned chemicals and polish will take care of the rest.

I use a damp rag when the pipes are hot. I get most off and polish the remainder out when cool. You do have to rub firmly.

All of these work. I think you just have to go with them until you find the one that works best for you.

I use Road Rub. It looks like a deoderant stick. It was suggested by the detailer at my local HD dealer. Works well and leaves zero marks.

Years ago I was a a motorcycle event and a couple gave me a sample of a product they were developing called Road Rub. It was in a thing that looked like a stick of deodorant. It works great on scuffs and even small scratches on windshields and paint. I ran out and ordered some a few months ago and I noticed that it is now owed by one of the big car wax companies. Guess it was as good as they thought it was. Just google Road Rub and you will find a number of retailers. If you have a shop, there is also a link to become a dealer. Good luck and ride safe (And scuff free).

Last edited:
Back