free website stats program how to get bugs off windshield | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

how to get bugs off windshield

I had a riding buddy tell me that Harley came out with a spray to coat your front end with that helps keep them from sticking, I can't recall the name of what he was telling me about, but he told me he was a believer... He said after you clean it up real good and spray it on they come off a ton easier. Bugs just wipe away afterward. I haven't tried it yet, but if anyone knows what he was talking about remind me what it was called please.

Pledge, the first time I heard that I (edit) I thought it was a joke.
I tried it, I am a believer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaarrrggghhh....!

I MUST try it!!!

I'm too curious!

Can't last longer without it!

I'm gonna "PLEDGE" everything in my range: bike, car, shoes, clothes, food....

Aaaarrrggghhh....!!! :bigsmiley19:

hey guys all you need is a wet microfiber rag and dry microfiber rag. don't ring it out completely though. works great. we do apply bug slide every now and then. but the wet/dry microfiber rags works great . we wipe entire bike down with these after every ride before they get put up for the night. if going to be gone all day or on road trip put a wet one in a ziplock baggy so if run into a bug storm you can clean off the windshield for better visibility.
p.s. haven't had to scrub to remove bugs yet.

BUG SLIDE! That was what he was talking about. Thanks!.... I will try pledge though, not a huge fan of putting those Davidson kids thru college.

i gotta get me some pledge. i've been keeping wax on the fairing and windshield and soapy cold water (hot removes the wax) takes it off easy. pledge sounds easier. :59:

I keep hearing so much about pledge. One question. Old school thinking has me doing a good paste wax. Do y0u wax your bike now and then for protection or just continually pledge it.

Back