free website stats program How to find out what's on the bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

How to find out what's on the bike?

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
Okay, next step for me. With all the reading I've done on stage 1's and such, I am curious as to what is on my bike & I don't know how to find out, where to look for what etc.

Here's what I do know. The bike is a 2005 deuce. It has from what I can tell vance & hines big shot pipes, it runs great, sounds great, and seems to run rich (I'm thinking since there is some black dust build up at end of the exhaust on the bike.

I don't know if I have any kind of tuners etc or not, I bought the bike used, didn't know to ask that stuff then. :) Where would I look and what do I look for? I don't want to change anything, just want to know what is there. It may only have the factory downloads, who knows.

Thanks,
Joy

Either the dealer can hook up to it and tell you as mentioned above if you have the download from the dealer or you can look at the injectors between the cylinder and see if you can see the two injector plugs or two plugging into two other under there.
In other words follow the plug on the injectors and see if there is another plug just like it a few inches up the wiring. If there is, you have something like a TFI or other type of fueler on the bike. If there isn't you could have the dealer download or SERT installed in which case the dealer would be needed here to tell you.

As far as the intake, look behind the air cleaner cover and see if you can see the air filter back there. If you do, then you have the stage 1. If you don't see the filter and you see the black plastic backing plate, it's probably stock then.

Many configurations here so let us know what you find.

Thanks guys, I did forget to mention that it does have the screamin' eagle air filter. I'll study it more this weekend and let you know. Thanks to all! :s

Another thing Joy, If you remove the seat, look around for any type of a fueler box like the PC III or TFI etc. About the size of a pack of smokes.

Back