free website stats program How the heck do you protect yourself from this? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How the heck do you protect yourself from this?

Mandatory revocation of anyones license convicted of an offense like this for a minimum of 3 years! Teach them a lesson they will not soon forget.

Really. Think that will do it huh?
I like your thinking Glider. Though, got any idea how many drunks are still out there drinking, driving, killing, and being popped, three, four or more times (we've had one here in WI just got nailed for his 9th and he admits hard core jail time won't stop him).

The reality is stupid is stupid, and with our "me first and *blank* the rest of ya" attitude in the country these kinds of mindless idiots will still be out there no matter what the penalty because they think they have the right.

OK then for the habitual offenders of DWI, I think we should tattoo "DWI" across their forehead for openers :D

Makes it easier to identify and deal with them.

Im sure it is the same everywhere as here in Elberton. The police blotter is full of accounts with the same descriptions: driving with expired liscense. driving without insurance, multiple offense D.U.I, etc. I believe it is time for our lawmakers to do something about the problem. They seem mighty concerned that we as bike riders have helmets, liscenses etc. but cant seem to do anything about cage drivers especially repeat offenders. Maybe we as bikers should unite against this problem and let it be known that we have rights as much as others. Why is it nowadays that criminals have "rights?" I was brought up with a totally different mind set. If someone chhoses to become a criminal, then they forfeit their "rights", especially repeat offenders

Really. Think that will do it huh?
I like your thinking Glider. Though, got any idea how many drunks are still out there drinking, driving, killing, and being popped, three, four or more times (we've had one here in WI just got nailed for his 9th and he admits hard core jail time won't stop him).

The reality is stupid is stupid, and with our "me first and *blank* the rest of ya" attitude in the country these kinds of mindless idiots will still be out there no matter what the penalty because they think they have the right.

Your absolutely right. My wife's uncle was killed, her two aunts and other uncle seriously injured when they were hit by a drunk. This guy had 3 DUIs before this wreck. Convicted but served less than a year. Got out and had another fatal accident. That time he was the one killed. Glad the idiot is off the road for good.

Mandatory revocation of anyones license convicted of an offense like this for a minimum of 3 years! Teach them a lesson they will not soon forget.

The only way that would work is when they get caught driving without license. People drive without insurance, drivers license, and DUI everyday. Not to mention texting, cell phone use, reading books and newspapers, applying makeup, shaving and just about anything else you can think of. Cars have become mobile offices. The only way to rectify this ever growing problem is stiff fines and jail time. Of course it will take a judicial system with some <edit> to make this all happen!

being a cop I have seen plenty of stupid drivers and stupid things. and the bad part is the courts usually dont give them the time they should for things like this. The best thing the victim's family can do is take the driver to civil court. hit her where it matters, in the pocketbook.

I heard people tell of others texting and driving. I finally saw it -- an oncoming driver both hands up top on the steering wheel holding his blackberry and texting away. You probably assume it was a young guy -- well, it wasn't. I saw grey hair! Couldn't believe it.

You can't protect yourself from someone making a stupid decision like that. Whether you are in a car, on a motorcycle, on a bicycle, or as a pedestrian -- you have to pay 110% attention to give yourself a chance against someone like that.

I just dont understand why people think that if they can slam on their brakes a person on a motorcycle can also. One thing a group of us in Ga. has been doing is putting bumper stickers on our vehicles that state: LOOK TWICE-SAVE A LIFE. MOTOCYCLES ARE EVERYWHERE! At least maybe this might bring some awareness to people to look out for bikers. But then again.......

OK then for the habitual offenders of DWI, I think we should tattoo "DWI" across their forehead for openers :D

Makes it easier to identify and deal with them.

I was actually thinking about something else tattooed on their forehead. But that would prolly get me kicked off the board. :p

But just to give you an idea of what I'm thinking.....think Steve Martin's dog in The Jerk.

Back