free website stats program How many of you use the TBags Windshield Bag for FLHT Models | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How many of you use the TBags Windshield Bag for FLHT Models

The T-Bag design that wraps around is definitely the best looking of the windshield bags. I've never heard of any water issues with them regardless of how hard the rain was coming down. The only complaint I have with the Windshield Bag 4 T-BAGS WINDSHIELD BAG 4 :: Detail is that it is not leather. I'd like to see two versions, one leather and one PVC.

There is a thread on another forum about the T-bags material cracking where the folds are. I had them on on my bike but took them off and replaced it with the HD leather one. The HD one is about 3/8 of an inch wider which fitted my cell phone and garage door opener better. Craig

I also like the T-Bags Triple. The side pockets are a perfict fit for my Digital Camera & Cell Phone while I use the center pocket for Glasses & or wallet. Definately a thumbs up for me. Also they don't get saggy like leather does.

I was thinking about gettin something like this, but I wondered about how dry they stay from rain or from washing your bike.

I am not planning to blast a hose into the bag or anything, just wondering is it something you always have to dry out with a towel after you wash your ride?

I have the HD three bag. I empty it out when washing the bike but through the rain things stay pretty dry. We carry different gadgets and never had a problem with anything getting wet in the 4 years we have had the bag.

I was thinking about gettin something like this, but I wondered about how dry they stay from rain or from washing your bike.

I am not planning to blast a hose into the bag or anything, just wondering is it something you always have to dry out with a towel after you wash your ride?

I wrap my stuff inside with individual freezer-lock or similar ziplock bags (flashlights, tool bag, sunglasses, leather gloves etc.). If leather drys "naturally" (read slowly), it doesn't have a problem. There are leather conditioner sealer preparations that work great for the exterior smooth leather surfaces.

Problem with "pleather" stuff I had in the past (not the TBags), they had a thick bonded fabric liner that soaked, but never drained or dried naturally fast enough, so it would mildue...unless you remembered to religiously unpack everything, wipe dry and after a day or two repack. Did not have a problem with leather because it "breathed" better, and also they were usually smaller so not much surface area to dry quickly after a rain.

Thanks to all the replys on how these do in the rain/with water.
You answered all my questions, in detail.
Think I will go with the leather...

The t-bag bag cover over real nice , I have never got any water in mine, there are drain holes in the bottom of each pouch ,just in case..I dont think water will be problem....

I took mine off just to see how the bike looked with out them. I put them right back on because of the usefullness of the bags won't go without then again. I have the HD leather 3 bag on the ultra

Back