free website stats program How long on jiffy stand? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How long on jiffy stand?

A warm up period of less than five minutes depending on the outside temperature should be fine. Don't forget that Harley police bikes are left idling for long periods of time. Fossil

You should get a fair warning in advance of things going from bad to worse as well. At least on my bike and I suspect most EFI models the first thing that will happen is that the control logic will lower the idle speed. Then if you still keep it standing with the engine running there will be empty cycles introduced where the engine will not inject any fuel which will sound like a misfire, this is intended to give the engine a chance to cool down a bit more..

You won't miss that clue.. thrust me..

Take care,

At a Idle you still have oil pressure , the oil pressure is lower but the engine is still getting lubricated . Idling for a extended period of time is more of a heat issue than a lubrication issue IMO . There are times when you have extended periods of idle time such as traffic signals or traffic jams , those are the times when the bike can suffer from heat damage .

Back