free website stats program how does this sound? | Harley Davidson Forums

how does this sound?

nkauf21

Hey guys,

So I was all set on getting a 2007 "Nightster" until today when I went to another dealer and found what i believe to be a great deal. There was a 2006 Dyna Street Bob with 6400 miles that was a trade in. The dealer asking price was $12,500. I ended up getting it for $13,000 out the door, tax, title, license... everything. On top of that, the bike is not completely stock. The previous owner had already installed some billet grips, a clock on the controls, the Screaming Eagle exhaust, a high flow intake, remapped computer, color matched hard bags, solo seat detachable rack, and a windshield w/ bag. I am not a huge fan of the rack, bags, or windshield, but they will come in handy for long trips. I rode it and it fits me perfect and has great power. Is this as good a deal as i think it is? I pick it up this week. I can't wait!

Hi nkauf21

from the sound of excitement in you post, it sounds like this is a great deal, 'cause you are happy.

Get into it

Snake

Hey guys,

So I was all set on getting a 2007 "Nightster" until today when I went to another dealer and found what i believe to be a great deal. There was a 2006 Dyna Street Bob with 6400 miles that was a trade in. The dealer asking price was $12,500. I ended up getting it for $13,000 out the door, tax, title, license... everything. On top of that, the bike is not completely stock. The previous owner had already installed some billet grips, a clock on the controls, the Screaming Eagle exhaust, a high flow intake, remapped computer, color matched hard bags, solo seat detachable rack, and a windshield w/ bag. I am not a huge fan of the rack, bags, or windshield, but they will come in handy for long trips. I rode it and it fits me perfect and has great power. Is this as good a deal as i think it is? I pick it up this week. I can't wait!

G'day nkauf21,

Sound okay to me!

If you love the motorcycle, then the price is irrelevant....

good on you!

That's a good deal, close to $3000 of add on goodies. I've got a couple of 06s and a 07 Dyna with most of same mods in the family and everybody is happy!! :60:
Stay under a 100mph with the windshield on or you'll start getting cracks in the lexan where the frame stops.
The bags are great, luv'em :7: they hold plenty of stuff for a weekend and they will hold a half helmet when your away from your bike like at a rally or wally world.

does that go for the screen on the heritage as it made some horrid sounds when i removed it to clean the Nacel:dknow
Yes and the same with a RK, the glides don't have the problem the fairing takes most of the pressure off the screen.
At 125mph the top of shield on my BBB bends back 4-6 inches and causes a very scary front shake :51:

Back