free website stats program How do California Models differ? | Harley Davidson Forums

How do California Models differ?

Hi guys, do 2009 and newer California Road Glide's have emission stuff that the other 49 state bikes do not have? I have seen some ugly can looking thingy located at in front of the engine on some models. My bike is not a CA bike but is now legally registered in CA because it had over 7500 miles when I brough it into CA and all the Manufacturers stickers showing compliance with Federal Emissions standards. I am just curious. :newsmile058:

The Ca. bikes have emissions on them and also a bit less power because of different parts like cams and some other parts.

Never bought a HD when I was stationed in CA, but my 1988 Suzuki Intruder had CA emissions which was a ugly filter box on back fender (behind sissy bar). I'm guessing CA HD models have similar emissions filtration...in addition to glider's response.

In my manual for 05 FLT & FLH models the Calif. models have a large canister (charcoal) filter for the fuel tank vent.

Cam profiles are way different to meet CARB standards

Back