free website stats program Hot weather will the bike handle it | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hot weather will the bike handle it

Just rolled in from Washington, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming...rode the 09 like I stole her and at 90 -100 degrees under heavy load and she just performed like a champion. This is my first Harley and in the recent past had a liquid cooled bike for these rides so I was apprehensive but put in full Synthetic Oil , spectro in the tranny and redline in the primary. I checked fluids daily and only used about a half of a cup of Oil for 3,000 miles...I was very happy with that and my concerns about heat are over. Ride it and enjoy it.:cheers

Seriously guys and gals, just ride it and have fun. It can tolerate whatever the planet throws at you. It is more likely that you will stop riding it because of the heat before it dies on you.

I couldn't agree more. Was in a parade on July 4th, the bike got real hot, was starting to do the pinging thing at the end of it. I have an '07 Ultra and I was ready to get off of it because of the heat coming off the rear of the motor. The bike kept idling and going, though the horn quit by the end of it.

Quote from the H D softail manual

NOTE
Engine oil should be at normal operating temperature
(230° F/110° C) for an accurate reading.

6. Oil pressure should be 30-38 PSI (207-262 kPa) at 2000
RPM and normal operating temperature.

7. Stop engine. Remove oil pressure gauge assembly from
oil pressure switch mounting hole in crankcase.

8. Reinstall oil pressure switch. See 8.33 OIL PRESSURE

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Back