free website stats program Hot seat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hot seat

One of the nice things about the beadrider is when it rains the water just goes right through it. The seat may be wet but the beads dry easily so you stay dry and comfy.:s
Randall

One of the nice things about the beadrider is when it rains the water just goes right through it. The seat may be wet but the beads dry easily so you stay dry and comfy.:s
Randall

I have to admit that I only sat on one once. After reading these posts, I'll have to give it a try.

Hey guys this is my first post on this site so don't rag on me to hard:pelao
Was on a poker run this past Saturday, the temp was 90degrees and sun shinning like she was trying to burn herself out. My butt got so hot i thought my pants were on fire:small3d007: Took 3 cold ones to cool down.:bigsmiley20::bigsmiley20::bigsmiley20:
Anyway, where i'm going with this is how do you air condition a bike seat?:newsmile100:?
If i was to invent an air condtiioned seat do you think it would take the biking world by storm.
How do you guys keep your butt cool. Just thought i'd throw this out and see what comes back.:cheers

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Roho Airhawk seat cushion on it's way to me. We are going on a trip this weekend through Louisiana and a little ways into TX and coming home on Sunday. I will let you know how it does. By the way, do the beads do anything to the seat? Like harm the leather in any way???? Leave dents.........

By the way, do the beads do anything to the seat? Like harm the leather in any way???? Leave dents.........

I have had my beads for almost 3 years now. There is absolutely no damage whatsoever to the seat. As I have said many times before it is way more comfortable now, I can ride further, stay cooler and have a more enjoyable experience.
You can actually feel the air flow on your bottom. I would have to say dollar for dollar this is this best accessory I have ever purchased.

I just went online and orderd a sheep pelt from target a couple years ago. It keeps the seat cooler in summer wicks away moisture, and keep me warmer in winter. It is large enough so you can cut it down to fit almost any seat. I can't remember but thought it was about $50.00.

I just installed the heat deflectors from RJ Originals and thought they work great at protecting my thighs from the engine heat in this Texas climate. But I think they definitely direct more heat under the seat itself as my seat definitely hotter than normal after installation.

Maybe I need to consider butt beads?

Back