free website stats program Hot Chrome? | Harley Davidson Forums

Hot Chrome?

threesteps

There are many sources for chrome for our bikes...H.D., Kuryakyn, etc. I’ve put quiet a bit of chrome on my bike but have held off putting much chrome around the motor, trans, and primary areas. I’ve wondered if a chrome starter cover, trans shrouds, cylinder base covers, inner primary covers, and the like would cause the motor and accessories to run hotter.

What do you think? Does the extra chrome make it run hotter or not?

Looks great. Saw your previous post on the install of some chrome.

I've seen lots of posts regarding heat and oil coolers to bring the temps down. I was just wondering if some of the chrome additions in/around the engine would could cause the oil temps to rise.

Thanks for the info Smitty.

Looks like I can put the chrome on there without concern or damage to anything(other than the pocket book).:D

If I though of one second it would damage my ride I would not install it.
Second way to look at it is there are a lot of HD's with it on them running around.
Just some thing to think about. I normally like HD parts but this is one of those times Kuryakyn maybe the better product. From what I have been told HD does not offer all the peaces and Kuryakyn does. Also mixing the two may not line up well. I have never tried it so I can not say for sure.
I do know the Kuryakyn covers and accents appear to be good quality.
I get mine from Hd dealer with discount lower cost.

I've got a friend who says HD owns a part of Kuryakyn. Tried to check it out online once but wasn't able to determine anything.

The Kuryakyn parts I've used have been good quality.

Back