free website stats program Horrid squeel from new rear brake pads | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Horrid squeel from new rear brake pads

Yep, cheers. I agree with eveything you have said and I think I may still pull it all down and do it including the brake rotor. It was an on-the-spot decision to have the dealer replace them and they clearly threw the new pads in without any consideration to any of your points as well as greasing the pins. I like the idea of a wear line indicator also!!

Yep, cheers. I agree with eveything you have said and I think I may still pull it all down and do it including the brake rotor. It was an on-the-spot decision to have the dealer replace them and they clearly threw the new pads in without any consideration to any of your points as well as greasing the pins. I like the idea of a wear line indicator also!!

Not a problem, just visiting this site and working w/ Glider, Smitty & Hobbit & the HDT gang has refreshed my automotive days and the good feeling it brings when you take the time to do things yourself and now apply them to my u-h-m-m- "new association with my HD Sporty"...of what is it...3 weeks or so now (old age slip)?...what a concept! :D

Back