free website stats program Home security cameras | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Home security cameras

I am in the security industry and I know WiLife (logitech parent company) makes a very reasonable easy to install system. All you need to do is plug the cameras into a outlet plug a module into your pc and run some simple software. Go online to WiLife they have a 800 # you can call. You can access your cameras through your smart phone with this.
I don't actually install this but have several clients who have done this themselves and love it. They work over your electrical wiring like x10 does if you are familar with that technology. Look at this instead of the stuff at HomeDeopt, Lowes,BJ's etc. It is easier and works better. At least look at it first I think you might like it. Only restricians I know is that camers and PC must be from the same electrical service.So if you have a barn or garage detached from the house the power for those areas need to originate from the house panel. Hope this helps

Yale produce a cheap wireless system that allows up to 4 cameras. The recording is transmitted to a SD card that slots into the receiver and records colour video in .avi format that can be played back on a computer. you can also monitor live on a TV screen too. The cameras have a range of about 25 yards from the receiver. Not the best, but a good cheaper option. The cameras have LED night vision down to 0.5 LUX.
I use this system and it works ok for my needs.

A German Shepherd, A .45, and a 12 ga. for the little Mrs. :D

It's analog but effective.

I agree :lolrolling
WAP.gif

I found one on line under Groupons. Its waterproof wifi and infa- red for about 40 bucks. Tech support is good and the last time I spoke with them they told me I could get more for them direct for 29 bucks:Dks. not bad

A German Shepherd, A .45, and a 12 ga. for the little Mrs. :D

It's analog but effective.

YUP works very good.:D
the better the system the better it works . if you really want good system then shell out the dough. those all in one bundles are good but there is better out there. i had cameras with a computer (just for cameras) setup in garage.
but there are better out there.

I bought a Swann 8 camera system with a 1-Terabyte DVR for around $500. I don't recommend wireless cameras. I'm completely happy with it. The DVR will hold about 30 days worth of video, and writes over the oldest. Actually have it connected to my Iphone and can check the property real-time. Very slick. Oh...bought it at Sam's.

Back