free website stats program Home security cameras | Harley Davidson Forums

Home security cameras

dcfatboy

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced home security camera setup? I am thinking of iCam and some moderately inexpensive "satellite" cameras.

so many out there these days....i wish i could help i use to have an alarm company but thing get better and cheaper...have a good look around and find what fits your needs

Try Dropcam, for $150 it can connect to your wifi and send you encrypted images to your computer or smart phone.

:44:

These are outstanding provided you only need one or two at the most.
They take minutes to set up and the image quality is 1080P.
Also, for $99 a year they offer 10 days worth of rolling video storage that is off site, so if something were to happen to the camera, the video record is safe somewhere else.

The only drawback is they are bandwith hungry. Each camera requires 2gb a day.

Take care,
Dave

Honestly, try one of the costco camera packages. It's an outstanding value and no yearly charge. You can figure out how to stream the video through oyur wireless router and it's just as good. I got it for my house set up.

Honestly, try one of the costco camera packages. It's an outstanding value and no yearly charge. You can figure out how to stream the video through oyur wireless router and it's just as good. I got it for my house set up.

Which package did you get?

Which package did you get?

I bought one of the Q See camera systems. They were OK. For less than $400, it does everything I want.

The Lorex is definitely higher end. I heard they have great customer support when it comes to getting stuff worked out.
Remember, it isn't going to be cake work to get all your cameras online and streaming.. but a couple of hours on the phone should do it! :dknow

For what it is worth......

In some major cities they have started......but if you have cable tv, use their security system and bundle it. I just saw the first demo of a system with the cameras tied into the cable/fiber/ip/wireless (simplified), cameras throughout the house. You hit an app on your phone and boom, there is your house, windows, doors, your PC web cam and you can scan the house from the smart phone.

Whenever a door or window opens, you are alerted on your phone with a pic capture of who it is. with settings, you can have it alert authorities or just alert you and you decide.

With Fiber Optics being the norm now, reliability is up 100%. Can bundle it and save a chunk of change over alarm companies.

A German Shepherd, A .45, and a 12 ga. for the little Mrs. :D

It's analog but effective.

Back