free website stats program Home-Built Foward Controls | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Home-Built Foward Controls

Yup...Speedway is getting some of my money real soon for the shift and brake linkage rod ends. But for a pivot point similar to all the other forward controls have I feel I'd need an actual bearing. For longevity.

Yup...Speedway is getting some of my money real soon for the shift and brake linkage rod ends. But for a pivot point similar to all the other forward controls have I feel I'd need an actual bearing. For longevity.

A bearing would be a big improvement over a bronze bushing IMO tho some may say it is overkill Pictures on your project?:s

A guy a ride with built his own brackets. He used two pieces of 1/2" aluminum stock and cut out triangles and welded them together and drilled holes through them to. One thing he learned that he shared with me is that the bracket on the left is different than the one on the right. Hard to explain what he did without pics but it turned out very nice.

Bodeen

You talkin bout PA ?

I've got to get over to a Tig man here in town to get my PGR flag base done.

If cost is not an object, a sealed bearing rather than sleeve bushing would be nice. Place that specializes in bearings...skateboard shop, they sell sets at low cost. Better skateboards use sealed bearings that roll only when they are being run (less wear) and sealed to keep out dirt and lubricant in). Ask your resident "kid" that is into skating...LOL!

Back